Monday, February 4, 2013

The Plan

I've been doing a lot of thinking, (it's one of the few things I'm genuinely good at) and I've decided on a three hour regimen to try to help me get out of this rut that I've found myself stuck in.  The plan is as follows: one hour of reading, followed by one hour of writing, followed by a second hour of reading.  During the two reading hours, I'll be reading either Zen Training Methods and Philosophy by Katsuki Sekida or Learning Python by Mark Lutz.  During the writing hour, I'll produce works of fiction.  Furthermore, I plan to eventually broaden this self-improvement regimen.  Once I'm further along in Learning Python, I'll add a fourth hour block for working on learning programming.  Upon finishing Zen Training, I'll start reading The Tibetan Book of the Dead as translated by Francesca Fremantle and Chรถgyam Trungpa.  The ultimate goal of this plan is to hone my creative writing skills (something I've aspired for since childhood) while simultaneously working to make myself more employable by giving myself a trade.


No comments:

Post a Comment